TMPD VIRTUAL WEBINAR
|Topic:||First Nation Property Transfer Tax under Fiscal Management Act|
|Partner:||TULO Centre of Indigenous Economics & Tzeachten First Nation|
|Date:||Oct 8, 2020|
|Time:||9:30 AM (PDT)|
|Length:||90 mins + 15 min Virtual Mix & Mingle|
- Explore Tzeachten First Nation’s experience in the development of a Property Transfer Tax Law under the FMA and how it is supported by the Tzeachten Land Code to achieve their community vision
- A brief introduction to property transfer tax regimes and the FMA
- Identify the key elements of the FMA Property Transfer Tax, including implementation and administrative requirements
- To provide information and tools to explore First Nation Property Transfer Tax
- Operational, Developmental & Signatory First Nations, Interested First Nations
- Land Governance Directors, Land Managers and Staff, Tax Administrators & Staff, Chief & Council, Band Managers, CAO’s, Lands Committee Members, Elders and Youth
Webinar login details and materials will be distributed to all registered attendees in advance of the session.
These sessions form part of the broader RC strategy to expand its publicly available knowledge repository, webinars are recorded and posted on the resources page of our website. When registering for this event you are agreeing that your voice may be taped during the Q&A-Discussion portions of the workshop. If you don’t wish to speak, you may ask questions via email or Slido.