Welcome to the First Nations Land Management Resource Centre!
Interested in becoming a signatory to the Framework Agreement? Tell us a bit more about your First Nation by filling out the following Land Governance Profile Form:
SINEWS Bursery for post-secondary Education
SINEWS is a bursary and mentoring program that aims to support women who are currently enrolled in post-secondary institutions in the 2018-19 school year. Awards will be given to pairs of women, one of who must identify as Indigenous, while the other is non-Indigenous, to complete a summer research project in a topic that supports Indigenous public interests, and also supports the research conducted at Natural Resources Canada. Students are encouraged to apply as a self-identified pair; however, interested individuals can go to the SINEWS website to “Look for a Partner” or apply as an individual to be matched with a partner by the SINEWS team. Students will have a mentor for their project. They may identify a potential mentor in the application form or SINEWS will find a mentor for each pairs of students. Potential project ideas and subject areas can be found in Appendix A. Successful applicants will have their project funded and be provided personal support for the summer months (May-August) of 2019 through a bursary award. Student pairs will be required to share the results of their project in some form of output (written report, multimedia, etc.) at the close of the summer term. Mentors for student pairs will be located in various institutions in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
What is needed to apply?
To apply for the SINEWS program, students are required to submit:
– a completed application form;
– a recent copy of transcripts from their current post-secondary institution or other proof of enrollment
Students may also submit an optional letter of support from a mentor, professor, former employer or community member that is familiar with the student character or their achievements (note that family members are not eligible to write support letters). Complete applications should be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before or by 12:00 AM (MST) February 18, 2019. Incomplete applications, or applications submitted after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
Please visit www.sinewsproject.com for further information.
First Nation Land Governance Readiness Conference Live Stream
his conference being held on February 6th and 7th, 2019 at the River Cree Resort in Edmonton was live streamed in English and French. For more information about the conference please go to www.fnlandgov.com
The live stream recordings will be posted soon, stay tuned!
2019 First Nations National Land Governance and Economic Development Conference
April 1-3, 2019 / RBC Convention Centre / Winnipeg, Manitoba
The First Nations Lands Advisory Board (LAB) and the First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Inc. (RC), are hosting the 2nd national land governance and economic development conference. The conference will be held April 1st to 3rd, 2019 at the RBC Convention Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
CLICK HERE for the Conference website
CLICK HERE for the Conference brochure
CLICK HERE for Sponsorship Prospectus
(Conference Agenda to follow shortly)
Jun. 26-27, 2018 Lands Advisory Board Annual General Meeting – River Rock Hotel – Richmond, BC CLICK HERE for event material
CLICK HERE for the recorded AGM webcast videos
Mar. 13-15, 2018 TT04 Environmental & Natural Resources – Edmonton, AB CLICK HERE for more information
Jan. 30-31, 2018 MRP Engagement – Kelowna, BC CLICK HERE to download event material
Feb. 27-28, 2018 FA FNLM Readiness – Toronto, ON CLICK HERE to view the meeting webcast
NEW LAB CORPORATE BROCHURE
Please take a moment to visit the new LAB Corporate Brochure.
(best printed in landscape and 2-sided format)
- First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Employment Opportunity – Technician, First Nation Support Services East
- Songhees Nation Job Posting: Lands Manager
- Abénakis de Wolinak Job Posting: Land Manager
- First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Employment Opportunity – Specialist, Curriculum Delivery and Planning
- First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Employment Opportunity – Waste Management Specialist – Application Period Extended
- Tsawout First Nation Employment Opportunity – Lands Manager
- First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Employment Opportunity – Technician, First Nations Support Services East, Prairies & BC
- Katzie First Nation Job Posting – Planner
- Sts’ailes First Nation VOTES YES! Now the 81st Operational Signatory under the Framework Agreement
- JOB POSTING: Lheidli T’enneh First Nation Executive Director
- JOB POSTING: Lheidli T’enneh First Nation Lands Manager
- Brunswick House First Nation Employment Opportunity – Forester Internship
- Kwaw-kwaw-a-pilt is the 80th Framework Agreement signatory to vote YES!
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Job Postings: Aski Governance Manager
- The Chippewas of Rama First Nation is the 79th Framework Agreement signatory to vote YES!
- Katzie First Nation Job Posting: Lands Clerk
- SAY Lands Office Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
- SAY Lands Office Job Posting: Lands Clerk
- Temagami First Nation Job Posting: Land Code Manager
- Katzie First Nation Job Posting: Lands Clerk
- Eastern Region – First Nation Lands Registry Workshop (November 14, 15 and 16, 2017)
- Lheidli T’enneh Job Posting: Lands Manager
- A 1st in New Brunswick! Madawaska Maliseet First Nation now the 78th Framework Agreement signatory to vote YES!
- Miawpukek First Nation Votes YES, becoming the 77th community to ratify a land code!
- Wasauksing First Nation Job Posting: Lands Manager
- 2017 LAB Annual General Meeting Agenda and Reference Documents
- Katzie First Nation Job Posting: Lands Manager
- Lower Nicola Indian Band Job Posting : Lands Manager
- 2017 Lands Advisory Board Election Results
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation becomes the 76th signatory community to vote YES!
- Long Plain First Nation becomes the 75th signatory community to vote YES!
- Splatsin First Nation Job Opportunity: Lands and Resources Manager
- Inaugural launch of “The Lands Advisor”, an FNLMRC quarterly newsletter
- Invitation to LAB Annual General Meeting: Operational and Developmental Communities
- Lower Nicola Indian Band job posting: Lands Manager
- 2016/2017 LAB Annual Reports now available online: English / En Français
- Temagami First Nation Votes YES!
- 06/06/2017: FNLMRC Inc. Employment Opportunities: Environment / Enforcement Specialist – B.C. & ONT.