FNLMRC Inc. Employment Opportunities: Environment / Enforcement Specialist – British Columbia & Ontario
“The Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management is a significant expression of Indigenous ingenuity and modern efforts to shed the colonial legacy of the Indian Act. Our team at the First Nation Lands Management Resource Centre is cutting edge, dedicated and experienced in assisting First Nations to develop workable solutions to the everyday challenges of community led lands and resources governance. We are currently searching for motivated and qualified candidates for the following position.”
ENVIRONMENT / ENFORCEMENT SPECIALIST
Please Note: To facilitate travel, the successful candidate will ideally reside in one of the following areas:
- Position 1: British Columbia – Chilliwack
- Position 2: Ontario – Thunder Bay, Sudbury
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Environment / Enforcement Specialist is the First Nation Lands Management Resource Centre’s (RC) “in-house” environment / enforcement expert. The incumbent’s responsibilities rest in four main areas:
- Developing Enforcement related templates and models of policies, regulations and procedures for Framework Agreement Operational communities.
- Assisting and Advising Framework Agreement Operational and Developmental communities enforcement matters, including agreements with other jurisdictions and liaising with organizations such as law enforcement entities and other relevant municipal, provincial and federal representatives.
- Building capacity, directly with Operational First Nations as well as developing and advising the RC capacity building and professional development strategy.
- Advising the RC on Enforcement related matters
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Applications received past this date will not be considered.
Please forward cover letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the position along with your resume to:
Or by fax: (866) 817-2394
Leave a Reply