Sumas First Nation Employment Opportunity: Lands & Resources Manager
The Lands and Resource Manager oversees the day to day activities of the Lands and Resource Department. The position is responsible for the implementation and administration of the Semá:th Land Code and Laws, and develops, administers and enforces laws and policies related to land and resource management. We are looking for candidates who are focused on outcomes, excellent problem solvers and strong communicators. Preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify on your cover letter or resume.
• Manages and administers the Semá:th Lands Office, including the development of annual budgets and work plans, policies and procedures, the supervision of Lands office staff and the administration of the Semá:th Lands Advisory Committee (LAC);
• Provide expert and strategic advice on all matters pertaining to SFN Lands & Resources;
• Implements, reviews and updates key planning process and documents, e.g. Land-Use Plan, Environmental Management Plan, Comprehensive Community Plan, Emergency Management Plan;
• Assists in Strategic planning, in collaboration with other SFN departments.
• Ensures compliance with Semá:th Law & Policy for all land and resource-related activities and transactions;
• Develop, negotiate and process land lease agreements, sub-leases, permits, rights of way, additions to reserve proposals, allotments, transfers and other legal documentation pertaining to Semá:th lands;
• Develop and implement information and records management systems for the Lands & Resources Office;
• Training, mentoring and capacity building for Lands Department staff.
FOR FULL JOB POSTING CLICK HERE
To view a complete job description, visit our website at: www.sumasfirstnation.com/employment
Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2019, at 4:00 pm
Attention: Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Leave a Reply