First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Employment Opportunity – Waste Management Specialist – Application Period Extended
The Framework Agreement on First Nations Land Management is a significant expression of Indigenous ingenuity and modern efforts to shed the colonial legacy of the Indian Act. Our team at the First Nations Management Resource Centre is cutting edge, dedicated and experienced in assisting First Nations to develop workable solutions to the everyday challenges of community led lands and resources governance. We are currently searching for motivated and qualified candidates for the following position:
Waste Management Specialist (1 Position)
Location: To be determined based on successful candidate
The Solid Waste Management Specialist is the First Nation Lands Management Resource Centre’s (RC) “in-house” solid waste management expert. The incumbent will assist the Lands Advisory Board (LAB), the First Nation Lands Management Resource Centre (RC) Board, RC senior staff and Operational First Nations (FNs) in all regions to fulfill their responsibilities under the Framework Agreement on First Nations Lands Management (FA) and the Solid Waste Management Funding Program, including:
• Lead the development of strategies for improving solid waste management and enforcement of laws under the FA for FA FNs.
• Lead the administration, delivery, and coordination of the Solid Waste Management Funding Program for FA FNs.
• Work with RC field staff and FA FNs to develop practical measures to improve solid waste management under land codes.
• Work with RC field staff and FA FNs to develop practical measures to improve solid waste management planning, implementation and protections.
• Assist the RC to develop legal issues management centred around solid wastes, including strategies for improving the enforcement of FA FNs’ solid waste management laws.
• Develop training materials, recommend best practices and precedents for consideration of FA FNs interested in improving solid waste management and enforcement of solid waste management laws.
• Maintain knowledge of, and document existing FA FNs’ regulations and laws related to solid waste management.
• For the purposes of law harmonization, advise FA FNs on provincial and municipal approaches to solid waste management and potential partnership opportunities with other governments.
• Assist FA FNs with the interpretation of federal and provincial legislation related to solid waste management.
• Any other related workload in keeping with the LAB, RC and FNs’ responsibilities in implementing the FA.
For the full job posting, please CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: November 16, 2018
Applications received past this date will not be considered.
Please forward cover letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the position
along with your resume to:
Or by fax: (866) 817-2394
Leave a Reply