TMPD VIRTUAL WEBINAR
|Topic:||Matrimonial Real Property Laws under Land Code, NALMA – COEMRP Partnership|
|Date:||Aug 27, 2020|
|Time:||9:30 AM (PDT)|
|Length:||90 mins + 15 min Virtual Mix & Mingle|
- Review of the Framework Agreement provisions on Matrimonial Real Property (MRP)
- An overview of Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act (FHRMIRA) in relation to signatory First Nations
- What are the main principles of MRP law development under a Land Code
- Discussion around mediation, dispute resolution and enforcement of MRP laws
- Interested First Nations
- Operational, Developmental & Signatory First Nations
- Land Governance Directors, Land Managers and Staff, Chief & Council, Band Managers, CAO’s, Lands Committee Members, Elders and Youth
Webinar login details and materials will be distributed to all registered attendees in advance of the session.
These sessions form part of the broader RC strategy to expand its publicly available knowledge repository, webinars are recorded and posted on the resources page of our website. When registering for this event you are agreeing that your voice may be taped during the Q&A-Discussion portions of the workshop. If you don’t wish to speak, you may ask questions via email or Slido.