PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION
Lands and Resources Project Coordinator
The Lands and Natural Resources Project Coordinator is responsible for developing and overseeing special projects that are ʔaq̓am lands and natural resources-based, according to natural law and qanikitȼi (ʔaq̓am
values and principles) for the use and benefit of all ʔaq̓amnik ̓ (ʔaq̓am people present and future generations). The Lands and Natural Resources Project Coordinator is also responsible for supporting Community
development activities. This position provides assistance to the Lands and Natural Resources Department, playing a role in the development and implementation of ʔaq̓ am’s strategic plan and the ʔaq̓am Community
Land Use Plan.
• Develop and implement natural resource projects in accordance with the ʔaq̓am Community Strategic Plan and the ʔaq̓am Land Use Plan.
• Work with the Director of Lands and Natural Resources to develop projects related to lands and natural resources, including (but not limited to) Environmental Site Assessments, Wildfire Fuel mitigation, Potable
water, Forestry, Species at Risk, Ecosystem Restoration and Invasive Species Management.
• Proactively seek funding through grant writing.
• Prepare request for proposals, solicit quotes, and authorize scope of work/contract, budgets for leadership approval and provide continuous reporting to DLNR.
• Respond to contractor inquiries/ requests and maintain an on-site presence during project implementation as required.
• Oversee the administration and implementation of all special projects from scope to completion including any final reporting as required.
• Oversee the planning and operation of the ʔaq̓am Community Garden
• Train, supervise and mentor summer students on lands and resource-based projects
• Review and provide input on referrals to the Ktunaxa Nation Lands department on behalf of ʔaq̓am
• Administrate access requests from external parties/stakeholders
• Attend Community meetings (Land Code, Band, etc.) and Council meetings as required.
• Represent the ʔaq̓am Lands Department at meetings, conferences, and delegations, as required.
• Provide, as required, communications to Membership through Community meetings.
• Engaging at the Nation level as required.
• Support community events such as Wood Day, Trek, etc.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB POSTING
Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “confidential” to:
Amanda Gnucci, HR Generalist
ʔaq ̓am Administration
7470 Mission Road, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 7E5
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 250-426-8935
Closing Date: Monday, February 25th 2019 – Any applications received after this time will not be
Thank you to all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.