Looking for more information on First Nation Reserve Land Surveys? Take a moment to read this informative document, produced at the request of Natural Resources Canada, Surveyor General Branch.
Click to download full document:
Or By Section:
- Q.1: Why have a survey?
- Q.2: How do surveys fit into land management?
- Q.3: What does a Canada Lands Surveyor do?
- Q.4: What type of survey do we need?
- Q.5: How can we get the best from a Canada Lands Surveyor?
- Q.6: How can we learn more?
Association of Canada Lands Surveyors
- Information and legislation regarding surveys on Canada Lands
- Includes a Frequently Asked Questions for Land Managers section: https://www.acls-aatc.ca/en/node/6583
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) – Tools and Applications for Canada Lands Surveys
- Includes links to recorded survey plans and records, as well as a Google Earth overlay of every Reserve in Canada and a search tool for surveys that are in progress
- Some of the survey records are in a DjVu format, a free DjVu Browser/Plug-in can be downloaded at: https://www.cuminas.jp/en/downloads/download_en/
NRCan – Canada Lands Digital Cadastral Data
- The datasets can be downloaded (free of charge) for use in Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- The direct link to the NRCan ftp site to download the dwg or shp files
NRCan – Maps of Canada Lands
- Includes a map for First Nations Land Management
- The maps can either be downloaded (for free) or requests for printed versions (for a fee) can be made
Guidelines for Preparing Proposals for Resource Centre managed survey contracts