Is developmental funding available to a First Nation?
Yes. Canada will provide funding to a First Nation to develop its Land Code, its community ratification process and the individual Agreement. This funding is channeled through the Lands Advisory Board Resource Centre to the First Nation.
Is funding available to a First Nation to operate under a Land Code?
Yes. Canada provides operational funding to First Nations
- to manage its First Nation land,
- to make, administer and enforce its laws under a land code, and
- to administer an environmental assessment and management processes on First Nation land.
The amount of the funding will be agreed upon between the First Nation and Canada. The amount will be set out in the Individual Agreement with Canada and is subject to the approval of the members of the First Nation as part of the ratification process.
- Framework Agreement
- Aboriginal and Treaty Rights
- Community Participation and Approvals
- Dispute Resolution
- Federal Legislation
- Federal Responsibility
- First Nation Powers
- First Nations Involved
- Gender Equality
- Land Development
- Lands Advisory Board and Resource Centre
- Protection of First Nation Land
- Provincial Relations
- Taking Responsibility for Land Management
- Third Party Interests
- What are the Major Benefits of the Framework Agreement to First Nations?