On April 10th, 2018 Kwaw-Kwaw-a-pilt First Nation members voted 93% in favour of adopting a land code. KKAFN is the 80th First Nation in Canada to now be operating with their own lands management jurisdiction. KKAFN is a member of the Sto:lo Nation, and the community is in the upper Fraser Valley region, near Chilliwack, BC. Congratulations to the leadership and members of Kwaw-kwaw-a-pilt on this successful vote!
Archive for April, 2018
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation is hiring for the position of Aski Governance Manager.
Under the general direction of Executive Director, the Aski Governance Manager (AGM) provides, plans, and implements projects that give effect to NCN’s Constitution and Aski Pumenikewin (Land Code) implementation. The Aski Governance Manager will lead the development of land laws, policies, plans and strategies in accordance with NCN’s approved strategic direction as set by the Chief and Council. This position is aimed at implementing sustainable land management practices on all NCN’s lands, resources, and traditional territories.
- Aski Pumenikewin (Land Code) Implementation
- Development of Lands Management Regime for Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
- Implementation of lands management practices including sustainable management practices, land registry, and law enforcement.
- Community engagement to meet constitutional commitments for engagement and consultation as required.
- Supervision and management of the Lands Department including financial accountability
- Collaboration with the Resource Department and Environmental Department
Please provide a Current Criminal Records Check, Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Ph: 204-484-2332 ext. 2245 / Fax: 204-484-2392
- Competition closes: April 20, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
- Salary Range: Up to $48,000 – $55,000 annually plus benefits
*Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED